John L. Shinnick
Assistant Supervisor of Transportation
Leigh Ann Spatz
…is first and foremost to provide safe and timely transport of all students, whether
child or adult in their quest for continuing education…
…in keeping the lines of communication open between our fellow employees in order
to better ourselves and the districts we serve…
…in providing courteous service to all we transport, thereby setting the time for a more positive educational atmosphere throughout the day.
- Only students who are eligible will be permitted to ride the bus.
- Students are required to get on or off the bus at their assigned stops.
- Please be sure to be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
- Do not approach the bus until it has completely stopped.
- Always cross in front of the bus.
- Follow the instructions of your bus driver.
- The driver has the authority to assign seats whenever necessary.
- Behave appropriately and be courteous to the driver and fellow passengers.
- Vandalism to any part of the bus will not be tolerated and will be treated with appropriate discipline.
- NO SMOKING on the bus.
SCHOOL BUS SAFETY
School Bus Safety is a priority and buses are inspected twice a year by NJ Motor Vehicle Commission. The State conducts random inspections and safety evacuation drills. In addition to our semi-annual inspections by MVC, our on-site mechanics work daily to provide all necessary maintenance to our fleet.
- Stay out of the danger zone, which is 10 feet around the bus.
- Use the hand rails while getting on or off the bus.
- Pay attention to the bus driver.
- Keep the aisles clear.
- Never stick your hands, arms or feet out of the window.
- Talk quietly and stay seated while on the bus.