The New Jersey Division of Pensions is located at:
Trenton, New Jersey 08625
Call 1-609-292-7524 to speak with a counselor
To obtain information about pension loans, service you are credited with and contributions, you can call the automated pension line at 1-609-777-1777 You will now have to create an account in MBOS (Member Benefits Online System) in order to apply for a pension loan. You must be employed for at least 39 months to be eligible for a loan. Please see instructions under the documents and forms link.
If you are planning to retire:
- Please submit your application to Trenton at least six months prior to your retirement date - as of October 1, 2012 only online applications will be accepted.
- Submit a letter to the Superintendent informing him of your retirement date.
- Contact the NJEA office at 201-861-1266 to set up an appointment with a pension counselor.
- Verify that the Division of Pension has proof of your age on file. If you need to provide them with a copy of your birth certificate, be sure to write your social security or membership number on the copy.
- If you are a veteran, be sure to send the Division of Pensions your discharge papers.
The following web sites provide more specific information for TPAF and PERS members including but not limited to:
- Purchasing pension time
- Pension Loans
- Retirement benefits
- Disability pension
- Health benefits after retirement
- Life Insurance conversion, etc.