Admission and continued enrollment is contingent upon Hudson County residency.
All Applications must be submitted by December 4, 2013 for consideration into High Tech High School for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The application form is filled out by the parent and student, and then submitted to the grammar school guidance counselor for inclusion of school data.
- Prior to December 4, 2013 the grammar school Guidance Counselor forwards all completed applications to HTHS.
· The Admission Review Committee (ARC) is a school-based committee comprised of counselors, teachers, and administrators.
- The ARC performs a comprehensive evaluation based upon the student’s application, transcript, standardized test scores, grades, work skills and habits, attendance, and talents. Using census data, students are initially selected to reflect population of each municipality as well as the racial/ethnic composition of Hudson County. HTHS admits approximately seventy-five females and seventy-five males to its freshman class each year.
- We anticipate mailing notification letters to students, parents/guardian and grammar schools in mid-February. Students will be informed of their final orientation meeting or non-acceptance.
NO INFORMATION REGARDING ADMISSION STATUS IS AVAILABLE BY TELEPHONE
- Appeal of the ARC decision must be made in writing by March 7, 2014 to:
Mr. Frank Gargiulo,
HCST Superintendent of Schools
8511 Tonnelle Avenue
North Bergen, NJ 07047