TASC TEST ASSESSING SECONDARY COMPLETION
ASSESSING SECONDARY COMPLETION
The TASC Test is an affordable national high school equivalency assessment.
Test takers must meet the following criteria to take TASC:
- Not currently enrolled in high school
- Not graduated from high school
- At least 16 years old
Available in English and Spanish
Testing and registration will be at the Jersey City Center.
Jersey City Center
595 Montgomery ST,
Jersey City, NJ
- $92.00 (For an entire battery consisting of 5 subtests – This includes up to 2 free retests)
- $52.00 (CTB/McGraw Hill fee)
- $40.00 (Testing Center Fee)
If the 5 subtests are purchased separately*, then the following would be the fees:
- $10.40 (CTB/McGraw Hill fee)
- $10.00 (Testing Center Fee)
- There would be no free retests
- Only Money Orders accepted for payments
- •72 hour cancellation notice still applies
**Test Center administrative fees are per Center/State policy.
Identification for TASC Test Registration
in order to demonstrate eligibility applicants are required to provide:
Driver’s Licenses, Permits, Passports, Voter registrations, School/College ID, Employee ID, or other photo identification.
And one or more of the following:
- Property tax bills; deeds; contracts of sale; leases; mortgages; signed letters from landlords; and other evidence of property ownership, tenancy, or residency;
- Financial account information; utility bills; delivery receipts; and other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location;
- Court orders; State agency agreements; and other evidence of court or agency placements or directives;
- Receipts; bills; cancelled checks; insurance claims or payments; and other evidence of expenditures demonstrating personal attachment to a particular location or to support the test taker
- Medical reports; counselor or social worker assessments; employment documents; unemployment claims; benefit statements; and other evidence of circumstances demonstrating family or economic hardship, or temporary residency;
- Affidavits, certifications, and sworn attestations pertaining to statutory criteria from the parent, guardian, person keeping an “affidavit student," adult student, person(s) with whom a family is living, or others, as appropriate;
- Documents pertaining to military status and assignment; and
- Any other business record or document issued by a governmental entity.
The Hudson County Schools of Technology is a visionary community that inspires creative independent thinking through diverse learning opportunities