Take a Break Using the Pomodoro Technique
The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo. The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals, traditionally 25 minutes, separated by short breaks. An intervals is a pomodoro, from the Italian word for ‘tomato’, after the tomato-shaped kitchen timer that Cirillo used as a university student.
Here are the steps
- Select a task.
- Set the pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes).
- Work on the task.
- When the timer rings, take a 5 minute break.
- After four pomodoros, take a longer break (15 minutes)
During Your Break
- Try some chair yoga, see the video on the left
- Get outside, look at the horizon, and give your eyes a break
- See how many step you can get in in 5 minutes.